The Contracts and Procurement Vision is:
"To be a customer focused Contracts and Procurement function which proactively supports Warwickshire Police’s vision and values using best-in-class approaches that maximises value and minimises risk through strategic contract and supplier arrangements."
Our procurement strategy and policy is designed to support and add value to Warwickshire Police’s strategies, vision and values and actively support the objectives set out in the Police & Crime Commissioner’s Police and Crime Plan.
We are committed to delivering effective and efficient procurement which provides Warwickshire Police with real opportunities for delivering and embedding Value for Money in everything that we do. We work to the following key principles:
- We are committed to dealing with suppliers fairly and ethically.
- We shall comply with all internal and external requirements including all procurement legislation and any statutory regulations for the provision of certain equipment and services for police purposes.
- We shall adopt a professional and correct approach with suppliers at all times.
- Suppliers will be assessed and vetted (as appropriate) before any contract is awarded or order placed.
- Consideration shall be given to the whole life cost of supplies or services as well as the initial purchase price (e.g. servicing, implementation, training, warranties, and replacement).
- Targets and performance measures shall be used to improve and monitor supplier performance in major areas of expenditure.