Three Rugby men among 15 arrested for drug offences since Friday
Main article content
Three suspected drug dealers from Rugby were amongst 15 people arrested for drug offences in Warwickshire since Frida (11 June).
The three men, aged 26, 26 and 34, were arrested after plain clothed officers from Rugby Proactive CID spotted a suspect drug deal in Grosvenor Road, Rugby on Monday (14 June) afternoon.
Officers from the Roads Policing Unit seized suspected class A drugs following a pursuit that started on the M6 on Saturday afternoon. The car was eventually stopped in Ambleside Road, Bedworth and two men were arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
One of the men – a 32-year-old form Coventry – was also arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, drink driving, driving without a licence, driving without insurance and failing to stop.
The other man – a 28-year-old from Bedworth – was also arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker after it is alleged he punched an officer while in Nuneaton custody block.
Officers from Nuneaton Proactive CID seized suspected class A drugs after spotting a suspected drug deal in Upper Abbey Street, Nuneaton yesterday afternoon. They arrested a 45-year-old man from Nuneaton on suspicion of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Reader, head of Proactive CID, said: “Despite it being an extremely busy few days for the force, officers continue to be proactive in looking for people committing drug offences. This should reassure our communities and service as warning to criminals.”
Details of other arrests:
- A 39-year-old woman from Rugby was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs after officers stopped a car on the A4071 on Friday afternoon.
- Officers seized suspected class A drugs after responding to a report of a man being racially abusive at a pub in Chapel Street, Rugby on Friday evening. A 30-year-old man from Rugby was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs and committing a racially aggravated public order offence.
- Officers seized cannabis from a man following a report of an altercation in Mason Avenue, Leamington on Friday night. The 25-year-old man from Leamington was arrested on suspicion of assault, affray and possession of cannabis. He has been bailed while enquiries continue.
- A 38-year-old man from Leamington was arrested yesterday on suspicion of producing cannabis in connection with a large cannabis grow in Leamington discovered when officers executed a warrant in September last year. He has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- A 41-year-old man from Rugby was arrested and charged with possession of cannabis after officers attended a report of an altercation at a property in Lawford Road, Rugby on Sunday evening.
- Two men were arrested following a collision on the A435 in Studley yesterday (Tuesday 15 June) afternoon. A 20-year-old man from Redditch was arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis and driving under the influence of cannabis. A 21-year-old man of no fixed abode was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs and driving under the influence of cannabis.
- Officers seized cannabis after responding to a report of a disturbance at a property in Hansons Avenue, Shipston this morning. A 42-year-old man from Shipston was arrested and charged with possession of cannabis and breach of the peace.
Posted by SJC, Corporate Communicatios