Appeal for witnesses following car theft from Lapworth on Tuesday
Main article content
Warwickshire Police is appealing for witnesses in connection with the theft of a motor vehicle in Lapworth on 15 June.
A black, ’18 plated, Range Rover Sport was stolen from Old Warwick Road on Tuesday evening by two men who made off at speed.
Detective Sergeant Sarah Wolsey said “If you were in the area on Tuesday between 5.10pm and 5.15pm and saw anything that could help enquiries please come forward. We would also ask anyone with a vehicle dash-cam to check their footage.
CCTV has identified that there were horse riders and drivers of work vans that passed around the time of the incident. They may have very useful information and we are keen to talk to them.”
Anyone with information or video footage is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 81 of 15 June or to report it online (www.warwickshirepolice.uk). Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Members of the public are reminded that they can take a few simple measures to protect their vehicles from theft:
- Make sure your car is properly locked and keep keys away from doors and windows. This will reduce the chance of criminals amplifying the signal.
- Some keys have a function allowing them to be turned off. Check your manual to see if yours does and then use it.
- Use some kind of physical barrier such as a steering wheel lock, driveway parking post or a wheel clamp. This will deter many criminals.
- Fit a tracking device.
- Keep your keys in a Faraday bag to block the signal.
- Remove batteries from your spare keys.
Posted by SC, Corporate Communications