Warwickshire Police warning to people carrying knives
Main article content
Carrying a knife will not be tolerated and you will be punished – that is the clear message put out by Warwickshire Police as part of a week of action on knife crime.
Warwickshire Police has joined forces across the county as part of Operation Sceptre, which aims to give people the opportunity to surrender weapons and raise awareness of the consequences of carrying a knife.
If you are caught carrying a knife you could:
- Face a four year prison sentence.
- Get a criminal record.
- Ruin you employment prospects.
- Ruin your chances of going to university.
- Be banned from travelling to some countries, including the United States.
- Do something you may regret for the rest of your life.
Chief Inspector Dave Kettle from the Warwickshire safer neighbourhood teams said: “The main message we are trying to get across is ‘think twice before you carry a knife’.
“When people carry a knife they take a conscious decision to do and it is a decision that could impact on the rest of their lives. Please don’t take the risk.”
Issued: Alex Gale, Corporate Communications