Visit our new website
Our new website is coming soon - you can view some of the new features by clicking the link. Check back for updates on careers, firearms and explosives licensing, crime prevention advice and more.
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

Social media abuse

Depending on the circumstances and the nature of the messages received, you may wish to initially make a report to the social media platform you are using (e.g. Facebook). They may be able to simply remove the content and/or close down the person's account.

If threats or abuse have been received or indecent images have been uploaded and you believe that an offence may have been committed, you can report this to your local police force. They will be able to confirm whether this is the case, based on the full facts and your individual situation.

To the right hand side of the page you will see a section entitled "Offsite Links" within which there are various sites which may be useful to you, including how to report abuse on the various social media platforms, as well as advice from the police and Crown Prosecution Service.

Links to report it pages for the following social media channels:


If you still believe it is the police that you need to speak to, please click here to access the range of methods we have for reporting crime and incidents.