Making a complaint
It is important that you read the information on this page in full before making a complaint about the conduct of an individual police officer or member of police staff.
How can I make a complaint about the conduct of a person serving with the police?
There are several ways to make a complaint to Warwickshire Police.
You can complain in person at your local station or any other station within Warwickshire Police. A police officer or a member of police staff will speak to you about your complaint and will explain your options.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to the following address:
Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police Professional Standards Department,
Stratford Police Station,
Stratford upon Avon,
Telephone 01789 444705
Online complaint form
Further Information About The Complaints Process
The Independent Police Complaints Commission has produced a number of guides with more information about the complaints process, which are available to download below (PDF files - requires Adobe Reader to view):
Appealing Against A Complaint Decision - Forms
If you are wishing to appeal against a complaint decision, please download and complete one of the forms below and return to the address stated on the form.
- APPEALING AGAINST LOCAL RESOLUTION/INVESTIGATION [40kb]
- APPEALING AGAINST THE DECISION TO DIS-APPLY [44kb]
- APPEALING AGAINST THE DECISION TO DISCONTINUE [44kb]
In accordance with the change to the Police Reform act 2002 under paragraph 28A of Schedule 3 regarding IPCC recommendations:
When the IPCC has:
i. received a report on a DSI investigation or a report on a supervised, managed or independent investigation into a complaint or conduct matter; or
ii. determined an appeal against:
- a local / supervised investigation, or
- the outcome of the local resolution of a complaint or the outcome of a complaint handled otherwise than in accordance with Schedule 3 of the Police Reform Act (see paragraphs 13.61 to 13.66) the IPCC may make a recommendation about a matter dealt with in the report or appeal.
These recommendations are published and can be viewed by following the below link:
.Frequently Asked Questions