Visit our new website
Our new website is coming soon - you can view some of the new features by clicking the link. Check back for updates on careers, firearms and explosives licensing, crime prevention advice and more.
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

Burglary of business and community property

What to do now?

If you are a victim of a burglary business and community then you should call 101 and report it to the police. However, if the burglary is live then you should call 999.

If you are unsure of where your local police station is and what time it is open, you can check here.

If the suspect has left anything behind which may be of any forensic value then this should be mentioned when you make your report to the police so that forensic advice can be given.

What happens next?

You will be provided with an Incident Number after you make the initial call so that if you have any further information to add you can call back to provide the update. You will later be provided with a Crime Reference Number which you can use for insurance purposes.

If you feel that you would like some reassurance and safety advice then this can be arranged so the local officers from the Safer Neighbourhood Team can come out to see you or alternatively give you a call. To find you local Safer Neighbourhood Team please enter your postcode in the search below.

loading icon

What else can I do?

If you are a business and have CCTV, you could review this prior to calling the police and update them accordingly on whether there is any CCTV coverage of the offence and what it may show.