Visit our new website
Our new website is coming soon - you can view some of the new features by clicking the link. Check back for updates on careers, firearms and explosives licensing, crime prevention advice and more.
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

Criminal damage to a dwelling

What to do now?

You can contact the Police on 101 to report the criminal damage, visit a police station or alternatively use the .

If you are unsure of where your local police station is and what time it is open, you can check here.

What happens next?

Once you have contacted the police and reported the criminal damage to your property, you will be issued with a Crime Reference Number which can be used for insurance purposes. Checks will be conducted on the police databases to see if similar incidences have happened in the local area during the offence times and if so these incidences can be linked to one another.

If you feel that you would like some reassurance and safety advice then this can be arranged. Local officers from the Safer Neighbourhood Team can come out to see you or alternatively give you a call. To find you local Safer Neighbourhood Team please enter your postcode in the search below.

loading icon

What else can I do?

You could speak to your neighbours to see if they saw or heard anything and then report this information back to us as this may open further lines of enquiry so that the crime can be investigated further.