South Warwickshire policing area
The South Warwickshire policing area serves a population of 258,500 comprising a mix of diverse and emerging communities. The area command is at Leamington Spa. There are 14 Safer Neighbourhood Teams supported by teams of response and specialist police officers, police staff and special constables. Collectively, these officers work for the community tackling a wide range of crime and quality of life issues on a daily basis. We assess incidents on the basis of threat, risk and harm and deploy our resources to tackle those who cause the most harm to our communities. We also recognise that each area has its own issues and the policing response will be tailored based on these local variations. Safer Neighbourhood Teams focus on providing a dedicated support and resolution role and work with partner agencies and individuals within the community to identify and solve concerns that affect their locality. South Warwickshire Safer Neighbourhood Teams will:
- Engage with communities and partners to innovate, identify opportunities and create sustainable solutions to local problems.
- Work with partners and communities to tackle the harm caused by crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Be visible, accessible and accountable to local communities.
- Engage with the Community Forum process and address priority concerns.
- Seek to identify those at most risk of harm and support them through appropriate interventions.
- Engage with young people and deliver prevention and early intervention activities in partnership with local schools.