How to apply for a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate
Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.
Register for or renew a firearms dealer certificate as an individual
How do I apply?
Step 1: Download the firearms dealer registration form (Form 116).
Step 2: Complete parts A, D, E, F and G.
You'll need these details:
- your home addresses from the last five years
- your previous dealer certificate details (if applicable)
- details of all 'servants' of your dealership
- details of any relevant medical conditions that have ever been diagnosed of for which you have received treatment
- details of your doctor (GP)
Step 3: Post your completed form and cheque (if applicable) to:
Firearms Licensing Unit
PO Box 4
How much does it cost?
It costs £200.
What happens after I apply?
We'll get in touch as quickly as possible if we have any questions about your application or need to ask for more information.