Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.

Advice tool

Apply for a certificate to travel with a firearm to the UK from an EU country

How do I apply?

You'll need a 'sponsor' to apply for a visitor's permit on your behalf. This person must be resident in the UK.

A typical application takes up to six weeks to process.

Please ask your sponsor to complete these three steps:

Step 1: Download and complete our Application for a Visitor's Firearm/Shot Gun Permit form (Form 107).

They'll need:

  • a copy of your European Firearms Pass (EFP)
  • a copy of your current firearms certificate (if applicable)
  • your club or society details (if applicable)
  • if neither of the above apply, a confirmation of good character letter from the government or police
  • details of where your firearm(s) and / or shotgun(s) will be stored while in the UK
  • details of which firearm and / or shotgun and ammunition you'll be getting, using or transporting
  • your criminal conviction history (if applicable)


Step 2: Make out a cheque or postal order for the appropriate fee, payable to Warwickshire PCC.

We can’t accept cash.

Step 3: Post the completed form, documents and cheque to:

Firearms Licensing Unit
Warwickshire Police
PO Box 4
Leek Wootton
CV35 7QA


How much does it cost?

An application for one to five people is £20 per person.

An application for a group (six to 20 people) is £100.

What happens after I apply?

We'll get in touch as quickly as possible if we have any questions about your application or need to ask for more information.