Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.

Advice tool

Apply for a certificate to travel with a firearm from the UK to an EU country

You can also no longer use an existing European Firearms Pass (EFP) to travel to the EU with your firearm or shotgun. Instead, you should check the firearms licensing requirements of the EU country you’re travelling to or through, ahead of travelling.

Please contact the British embassy, consulate or high commission in that country. They'll be able to advise you on the necessary steps.

Please also consult with your airline and travel company to make sure you comply with all of their security requirements.

More information on European Firearms requirements